Welcome to the Cable Hayward Area Arts Council
CHARAC Annual Meeting & Dinner
Monday, December 5th at 5:30 PM ~ Art Market 63
Join your CHARAC board for an evening of celebrating the arts and everything we have accomplished in 2016 and look onto our plans for 2017! The membership will be electing the new board members and officers at this evening’s meeting. We look forward to hearing from our members, we are here to serve you! This is your opportunity to discuss ideas and concerns with your entire board in one seating.
The Cable Hayward Area Arts Council (CHARAC) is non-profit organization formed in 1996 to bring together the art, artists and supporters of art. The organization works to provide art activities and events and education to the region. We print an annual newsletter
in the spring outlining our year of activities. We also do a bi-monthly email newsletter and you can sign up to receive that issue lower on this page. We encourage you to become a member and to continue to learn what your arts organization is doing and where you can join in. Perhaps you are interested in a class or teaching a class.
Throughout the year we host a number of events:
- A Toast to Art – Our annual fundraiser creates funds for our scholarships, workshops and grants. Our 2016 event was held Thursday, May 26. We’ll be announcing the date for our 2017 event in early 2017.
- Gallery on Main Street – artful banners on the main street of Cable on display from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Namkagon Art and Music Fest – takes place every year the first Saturday after the 4th of July at the Sawmill Saloon festival grounds in Seeley.
- Art Crawl – includes artists and galleries from Stone Lake to Springbrook to Barnes.
- Our artist cooperative gallery, Art Market 63 just south of Cable on Hwy 63, opened its doors in June 2013.
More details can be found under the Events link above.
We also host an Exhibit at the Weiss Library in Hayward.
We provide Grants and Scholarships to college-bound seniors in our area high schools as well as Youth and Adult Continuing Education Grants. More details under Resources above.
The Park Center (aka The Park Theater), a performing arts center in Hayward originally formed under the auspices of CHARAC, features concerts, plays, and movies/film fests.
We invite you to Get Involved in the Arts and CHARAC. Become a member and/or volunteer to be a part of our board, events, and exhibits.
View more information about our artist members at the “Artists” link above. Sign up for our email newsletter by clicking on the link below.